Sunday 10 April 2011

My first handmade soaps

All along, I was mainly using the shower gels bought from any drugstore or from certain brands like The Body Shop and Bath & Body Works. I love my Bath & Body Works shower gels and other body items, the scents are downright incredible. Until this day I am still using their shower gels once in a while, because I can't bear to part with those scents that I love - Moonlight Path, White Cherry Blossom (discontinued scent) and Magnolia Blossom (also discontinued). Not to mention the Aromatherapy Range that they have, which is simply outstanding

And then last year I found out about handmade soaps by watching YouTube videos and how everybody was raving about the benefits for the skin ever since they made the switch from regular shower gels. So after watching more than enough videos later, I decided to try out some for myself and see if the benefits are for real.

Judging by the number of videos made, I found out that Etsy was the place to go if I wanted to find handmade soaps. It's correct... but.... when I hit the search button on Etsy, I was given hundreds of handmade soaps and it was just mind boggling!! So I was back to square one again lol WHO do I buy from??

So I returned back to YouTube to research on which seller to buy from, and narrowed my choices down to a selected few - BubblesUpByBethieB, Dennis Anderson and Mad City Sue. I checked out their ratings on Etsy and all three had very positive feedback and were also recommended by many youtubers. In the end, I went with my gut - BubblesUpByBethieB - and bought Rose Garden, Blueberry Cobbler, and Oatmeal Milk & Honey soaps.

Here is the link for the Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubblesUpByBethieB

BethieB's soaps looks just like desserts!! They are so realistic looking that I had to summon all my will power not to bite into them ;)

MOTHERS DAY SALE - BLUEBERRY COBBLER Brown Sugar Scrub In a  Bar with Blueberry Yogurt Blueberry Cobbler Soap

MOTHERS DAY SALE - Extra Gentle OATMEAL MILK AND HONEY Soap Oatmeal Milk & Honey Soap

MOTHERS DAY SALE - ROSE GARDEN Soap Rose Garden Soap

No comments:

Post a Comment